Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 91 - 10/28/11

Ten days ago, I was annoyed.  I am now one step below irate.  I don't even have a name for it.  Not only has nothing happened this week, we found out today from the inspector that we missed an earlier inspection for the drainage around the foundation.  My contractor wasn't even there this morning to meet the inspector.  If my husband hadn't stayed home, we would've missed the inspection and not known why we didn't pass.  I don't even speak to the contractor anymore, except in clipped tones to clarify next steps. 

Luckily, my architect will tell me the real truth.  It turns out, we didn't have drainage pipes installed on the outside of the foundation.  The guys are now here, digging up all the dirt around the foundation so they can put in these pipes. 



The inspection is rescheduled for tomorrow morning.  Since inspectors don't usually work on Saturdays, we had to request a special overtime inspection.  I am not paying for any of this.  I'm not shelling out one penny for the extra labor, parts, lights they need to install since they won't finish before the sun goes down, or gas they're wasting driving around the area.

This is RIDICULOUS.  Time is moving backwards, and not in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment