Sunday, May 20, 2012

Painted Turtle

That's the name of the new paint in our den!  Earlier we took out the carpet and put in hardwood floor, but we had to finish the walls before I could put my new desk together.  I had been using the dining room table as my desk, but I was having a party, so I needed somewhere to put all my stuff.  Hence, a day of sanding, painting, and moulding!  This also got the giant IKEA box holding my desk out of the living room.  Nothing like guests to motivate a bout of house work!  :)


It's not quite done yet, as usual.  The door that leads into the storage area needs to be redone.  It sticks out too much because they translocated our old closet door to this room, but didn't remove the old moulding.  So we're leaving it for a later date.  In this picture you can see that the old paint is a lighter green than the new paint.  The darker green looks really good with the floor color.



No comments:

Post a Comment