Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 95 - 11/1/11

You know, I didn't think it was possible for someone to be incandescent with rage, but I've now done it.  I can tell you what it feels like.  My brother can tell you what it sounds like, because I yelled in his ear for a solid five minutes, swearing like a pirate, screaming like a banshee, the whole nine yards.

Long story short, because thinking about it makes me angry again: inspection today, called contractor multiple times during the day to check up on things, he tells me he's going to be at my house until 4:30.  I get home at 4:30 and no contractor.  You know what is there?  A note from the inspector saying no one was at home at 4:20!!  ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!  Call contractor in a furious rage.  He says he had to leave early to get to a computer to sign up for a new time for tomorrow.  WTF?!  All he had to do was call me to say he wanted to leave early.  I was FIVE minutes away at Safeway.  I can't even eat the dinner I bought I'm so angry.  And he needed to get to a COMPUTER?!  What, do I live in a cave?  I have two perfectly good computers with internet access IN MY HOUSE and he could have waited until 4:30 to use them.

Meanwhile, if he had waited, he wouldn't have had to schedule another appointment for tomorrow, because we would have gotten the inspection done TODAY!!  And he had the gall to say that he was frustrated having to wait all day for the inspector.  So instead of waiting an extra fifteen minutes and getting approval to start work tomorrow, now he has to wait A WHOLE OTHER DAY doing NOTHING. 

Here's the best part.  It was so late by the time he scheduled the new inspection, all the times for tomorrow were taken, so now we can't get inspected until Thursday.  So now we have THREE wasted days.

I talked to my architect about potentially firing the contractor, but apparently there are some problems with that.  I wonder if I can just pay him less for being such a royal screwup.  I'm putting him on Angie's List and giving him the lowest possible score.

This was a longer story than I thought it would be in my rambling, pissed off stream of consciousness.  11/11/11 better be a luckier day than 11/1/11 was.  Thanks for listening.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment